Filing a Claim with the City

If you would like to file a claim with the City, please follow these steps:

  • Call the Finance Department at 636-949-3208 to request a claim form.
  • Provide your name, address, phone number, and email address.
  • Finance will either mail or email you a claim form.
  • Information you'll need to provide includes:
  • Description of the event/incident including time and dates.
  • List all items being claimed.
  • Receipts and photographs of damaged items.
  • Return completed claim form to Finance Department via email or mail to:
    City of St. Charles
    Finance Department, Suite 203
    200 N. 2nd Street
    St. Charles, MO 63301

Upon receipt of a completed claim form, staff will evaluate the claim internally (or forward the claim to the City's claim management consultant) for a determination of the City's responsibility in the cited damages. The City or its consultant will notify the resident of their findings (acceptance or denial of the claim) in writing. If the City is responsible and accepts the claim, the applicant will be required to sign a release statement prior to the City settling the claim.