Park and ride
Saint Charles provides in-town public transportation service to the citizens of Saint Charles and supports work opportunities for residents by providing a connection to Metro buses.
The Charley provides curb-to-curb service for any stop within the City of Saint Charles and operates Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm. The Charley will be open to all City residents but priority will be given to seniors and disabled riders. Due to COVID-19, masks are required during transit.
- Rides can be scheduled from 24 hours - 1 week in advance. Senior and disabled riders are asked to reserve a ride at least 48 hours in advance. Cancellations must be received within 1 hour of your scheduled pick-up time (multiple cancellations or no-shows may result in restricted service).
- Pick up times will run in 30-minute increments.
- To schedule a ride, visit http://bit.ly/STC_Charley. To cancel a ride, please call 636-949-3363.
- 50 cents per trip.
Please note: The Charley does not travel down Main Street, St. Charles in the Historic District. If you are requesting a ride to a location on Main Street, The Charley will drop you off behind the business on Riverside Drive, and you will have at least a one block walk to your destination.
The Ride STC commuter bus provides service to and from the Metro Route 34 - Earth City / Rider Trail Stop. Ride STC operates Monday through Friday between 6:30am and 6:00pm. Rides on the Ride STC Commuter bus are available to all. Priority will be given to seniors and disabled riders. Your trip must begin or end at the METRO Earth City / Rider Trail stop OR within the City Limits of Saint Charles. Last pick up time from Earth City / Rider Trail is 6:00pm.
- Rides must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Senior and disabled riders are encouraged to reserve a ride at least 48 hours in advance. Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours before your scheduled pick-up (multiple cancellations or no-shows may result in restricted service). Please call 636-949-3363 to cancel.
- Pick up times will run in 10-minute increments
- $2.00 per trip
- CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A RIDE
Saint Charles Trolley
The Saint Charles Trolley will return on April 30th, 2021 and will be available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 11:00am to 7:00pm.
The :30 minute loop serves our destination by offering a free and easy alternative to driving. Whether traveling on business or visiting with friends and family to attend some of our many great events, or in the city participating in a convention, you'll find the St. Charles Trolley to be a convenient way to experience much of what Saint Charles has to offer. The Saint Charles Trolley has a lift to provide access for riders using wheelchairs, scooters, crutches, walkers, or other mobility aids.
*Wheelchairs and scooters are required to be 100% secured using fastening straps located in the wheelchair area. For the comfort of riders, no pets are allowed. Service animals only.
For more information on the Trolley, visit www.stcharlestrolley.com
You can also download our Ride Saint Charles Mobile App. It can be found in the Apple and Google Play stores. This app allows users to see the location of the Trolley and bus transportation system in the City of Saint Charles. Just search "Ride Saint Charles" in your app store to download.
MO RIDES Transportation Information
MO RIDES is a transportation referral service recently established to provide free assistance in helping people find the most affordable public transportation options to meet their individual needs.
MO RIDES can especially benefit senior citizens, individuals with disabilities and those with low-to-moderate incomes by helping them locate a transportation company that will get them to job interviews, work, medical appointments and other places in and around St. Charles County.
Contact MO Rides between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for a referral to a transportation company. Many of the companies operate 24/7. There is no fee to call MO Rides for assistance, and you pay the transportation company of your choice once a ride is scheduled.
For more information, call 844-836-7433.
Commuter Parking Lots
The City of Saint Charles has 3 commuter parking lots along I-70 at the intersections of:
Fairgrounds and Veteran's Memorial Drive south of I-70 across from the St. Charles Convention Center
West Clay and Harry S. Truman Boulevard north of I-70 at Cave Springs
Zumbehl and Veteran's Memorial Drive south of I-70 across from the Red Roof Inn
City Hall Parking Garage
- Cost of entering the parking garage is free during the following times:
- Monday - Friday from 3:31pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday from 2:01am - 9:00pm
- Sunday from 2:01am - Monday 2:01am.