The Code Enforcement Division was established to promote and enforce compliance with the City of Saint Charles Code relating to property maintenance standards and zoning enforcement. Code Enforcement maintains and enhances the quality of existing development within the city. This ensures that Saint Charles is a place all residents, business owners and visitors can look to with pride.
Code Enforcement has officers assigned to each City ward. Their role is to provide pro-active enforcement and investigate concerns regarding Saint Charles City Community Development Codes which includes:
- Property maintenance, which includes building and general maintenance of property.
- Enforces illegal and nonconforming sign issues
- Zoning issues
- Conducts investigations and inspections of concerns and maintains case files of those concerns.
- Conducts regular pro-active Code Enforcement patrols of the City.
- Mosquito Control Program
- Appears before the municipal judge or court on code enforcement cases.
The Code Enforcement Division's main objectives are to:
- Protect property owners’ investments.
- Promote public health, safety and welfare.
- Enhance the quality of life in the City’s neighborhoods.
- Educate property owners and business owners.
- Perform community outreach.
To Report a Code Violation
Call 636-949-3222 or visit our Report A Concern application.